- What’s your favourite DIALOG project?
- The Aga Khan Garden – Alberta at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden. It is a hidden gem in our own backyard. Being a part of this world class space was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Do you have a passion project outside of work?
- You will rarely catch me without my camera in tow.
- What's one quote you live by?
- "Complexity is the enemy of execution" -Michael Hyatt
- Where's your happy place?
- Chicakoo Lake. It's close to where I grew up and where I go when I need to recharge. Always followed up with a KokoMint milkshake from Jack's Drive-In.
By trade, Cam is a structural engineer who has a passion for impactful spaces that build communities. But in reality, he wears many hats. Engineer, educator, and mentor. Cam is a self-proclaimed productivity junkie, obsessive organizer, forward thinker, and closet architect. Throughout all of his roles, Cam maintains a focus on relationships and people. He recognizes that great ideas can come in many forms and that everyone has an opportunity to lead if they look for it.
For Cam, great design has a significant effect on how people act, learn, and live. Beyond math and calculations, Cam finds art and beauty in the ability of our work to transform lives. Cam has received numerous awards over his career and is a lifelong learner and former University lecturer. On summer weekends, you can find Cam up at his cabin, or at the curling rink in the winter.
Being a part of something bigger than myself—being able to enhance lives on a broad scale—is what brought me to structural engineering.Cameron Franchuk
- Master of Science, Structural Engineering University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering University of Alberta