- What conversation topic could you never resist?
- I can’t resist conversations about our communities, and discussions around the urgency for their transformation. It’s important to say out loud there is urgency in the world that demands action.
- What's one quote you live by?
- “The task of architecture is to make us experience our existence with deeper significance and purpose. Architecture seeks to make us remember who we are.” -Juhani Pallasmara
Doug joined DIALOG in 2012 when his predecessor firm, Carlyle + Associates, merged with DIALOG. He has over 35 years of experience with a wide range of award-winning projects, from community master plans to private gardens. With a passion for city places large and small, Doug's work investigates the diverse voices and forces that drive their ongoing transformation.
He is committed to realizing projects to their highest potential and executing through to completion. Doug is curious about the nuances of client goals, seeking to develop strong working relationships. He thrives in teams with broad and unique expertise. Always pursuing new knowledge and information, Doug is a lifelong learner. This thirst for education explains his interest in periodic teaching and lecturing, which he does at various universities in Alberta and across Canada.
Doug cherishes his daily walk to work through Calgary's busy streets, parks, and boulevards. With an eclectic curiosity for the work of many architects, he especially fond of Alvar Alto and Carlos Scarpa for the passion, sense of place, and the masterful detail of their spaces.
If we want to create great places, we need to speak out loudly and get involved fearlessly in our local and global communities. Bring along passion and knowledge, to design places that are innovative, sustainable and humanistic in concept and in execution.Doug Carlyle
- Master of Landscape Architecture University of Manitoba
- Bachelor in Enviromental Science University of Manitoba
- diplome en sciences Dawson College